[Ctk-developers] Another ctkWorkflow thingie: goToStep(..) goes always back to starting step

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Fri Jun 3 16:16:19 EDT 2011

Hi Daniel,

* A workflow is set of transitions.

* If you want to go from a Step X to a Step Y, a transition is required to
exists

* For conditional workflow, there is the concept of branch.

* Each time you click on finish, the pipeline (or workflow) is executed.
Upon success, it returns to the step from where the transition to the
"finish" step was done.  Having a different behavior would make sens. I
propose the following:
   * Add a property named "GoBackToOriginStepUponSuccess" to workflow.
(also open to suggestion regarding the name)
   * By default, this property would be False

Would be great if you could implement the described behavior. To do so:
   1) fork CTK on github
   2) Create a topic branch named
"add-GoBackToOriginStepUponSuccess-workflow-feature" of master
   3) Commit both feature and updated test
   4) Check that test run locally
   5) Send an email to the list asking for review with a pointer to your
topic
   6) Danielle or myself will review your topic and integrate it into master

Note: Make also sure the property is exposed in python. You could play with
the following example to make sure everything is working as expected. See
https://github.com/jcfr/SlicerPy/blob/master/slicer-visual-workflow-example.py

Thanks
Jc

+1 919 869 8849