[Ctk-developers] CTK Update to latest DCMTK

OFFIS DICOM Team dicom at offis.de
Fri Jul 29 06:05:56 EDT 2011

Hi Marco,

thanks for scanning through the changes!

Am 29.07.2011 11:57, schrieb Marco Nolden:

>> I also changed the repository location in the superbuild to fetch DCMTK
>> from the official OFFIS repository at http://git.dcmtk.org/dcmtk.git .
>> That works for me here.
>
> It works, but it is rather slow, takes about 10 minutes to clone from
> DKFZ. I would also prefer to have an option to use an official release of
> DCMTK, since we do that in MITK and also use CTK there. I already
> commented on github, overlapping with this email, so I post the link
> here, maybe the others could also comment on that topic:
>
> https://github.com/commontk/CTK/commit/1414293aec6c76bc5788e3ade9979150974bc568#commitcomment-502670

Please see some comments there.

Regarding the clone time: I guess the server is not the fastest machine and
also http is not really the fastest git protocol ;) Maybe we can work on the
second issue.

However, also consider that fetching updates will be much faster once you
have a cloned copy.

Another option would be to not clone all commits from the last 15 years from
DCMTK but to only clone the last 3 years or something. I did not try
that but guess it is possible with git (right?) and maybe leads to a huge
speedup.

>> Nevertheless, since these are my first actual commits to CTK, I expect
>>  that I have done some mistakes, hopefully not too many serious ones ;)
>>  Please tell me and I will correct that as soon as possible.
>>
> Everything looks fine to me. There is just one "Merge remote-tracking
> branch 'origin/master'" commit we try to avoid in CTK by rebasing, but
> that was probably just an accident.

Yes, thanks for noting and sorry for that. I should take better care of this
in the future.

All the best,
Michael

--
OFFIS DICOM Team, Escherweg 2, 26121 Oldenburg, Germany
E-Mail: dicom at offis.de, URL: http://dicom.offis.de