[Ctk-developers] getting things to work in windows

Mark Roden mmroden at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 00:52:01 EST 2011

Running in administrator mode (which should have the same effect as
turning off the UAC) does not solve the problem, but produces a new
bug:

mt.exe : general error c101008d: Failed to write the updated manifest
to the resource of file "..\..\..\bin\idc.exe". Access is denied.

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\mt.exe"' : return code '0x1f'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

with the command line:
D:\Qt\2010.05\qt>configure -release -platform win32-msvc2008 -no-dsp -no-vcproj

I find it very hard to believe that I have a completely broken Qt
installation, or that I'm the only one with this problem, yet there it
is.

I'll try again from scratch, maybe that will solve the issue.

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Dean Inglis <dean.inglis at camris.ca> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I just use nmake to compile everything.  I never use project files in the
> IDE,
> which is why I open a visual studio command prompt.  I run as the sole
> user: admin, and I also turn off the annoying UAC.  Maybe that has something
> to do with your error.  You could also try the basic
>  configure -platform win32-msvc2008
> which will give you dsp and proj files to build in the IDE (debug and
> release)
> and maybe that would bypass the error.
>
> Dean
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Roden" <mmroden at gmail.com>