[Ctk-developers] Documentation of CMake macros and functions

Sascha Zelzer s.zelzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Apr 12 10:28:18 EDT 2011

Hi Folks,

I have always been a little bit annoyed by the lack of documentation for
custom CMake macros and functions (both in our own projects and in CTK).

Doxygen supports the idea of so called "input filters" which take an
input file and transform it into code which Doxygen can understand and
parse. I wrote such an input filter for CMake files (see
https://github.com/saschazelzer/CMakeDoxygenFilter/) and we are using it
now in MITK. It allows you to document your CMake macros/functions
inline using all of Doxygens commands.

For example, it looks like this:
http://docs.mitk.org/nightly-qt4/namespaceCMake.html#aed923b6189222cc8f9800cbc3486d7f5
(we certainly still have a lot to do concerning the documentation of our
macros... :-) )

I would like to integrate this stuff into CTK, any comments/suggestions?

Thanks,

Sascha