[Ctk-developers] prerequisites and errors configuring CTK on Windows

Pedro Omedas pedro.omedas at upf.edu
Wed May 12 13:42:13 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have started to download and compile the CTK code. I sorted a number of
issues that I would like to share in case someone else has to face the same
problems.
I have not succeed to compile all the code, so I also provide the errors
that I'm getting.
I'm working on Windows Vista, with Visual Studio 9.

- Prerequisites
I had to install the following libraries / applications to start to compile
the code:
* Python
* Qt SDK -> I had to recompile it since the binaries I downloaded are for
MinGW
* CVS -> Required to checkout KWstyle from the Superbuild

After this, I manage to configure and compile some parts of CTK with cMake,
except the following options:

CTK_LIB_Scripting/Python/Core

CTK_LIB_Scripting/Python/Widgets

CTK_LIB_Visualization/VTK/Core

CTK_LIB_Visualization/VTK/Widgets

WITH_COVERAGE

I describe the errors that I get configuring this libraries:

1) CTK_LIB_Scripting/Python/Core

    CTK_LIB_Scripting/Python/Widgets

I get the following error in CMake output:

Could NOT find PythonLibs (missing: PYTHON_LIBRARIES PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS)
CMake Error at SuperBuild.cmake:108 (MESSAGE):

error: Python is required to build CTK

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:388 (INCLUDE)

I have python installed in my machine, I added python installation to the
PATH, and also tried to create the variables PYTHON_LIBRARIES
PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS in my system, but it doesn't work.

2) CTK_LIB_Visualization/VTK/Core

    CTK_LIB_Visualization/VTK/Widgets

I get the following error in CMake output:

CMake Error at CMake/ExternalProject.cmake:690 (message):
error: could not git svn for clone of VTK

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMake/ExternalProject.cmake:1054 (_ep_add_download_command)

SuperBuild.cmake:256 (ExternalProject_Add)

CMakeLists.txt:388 (INCLUDE)

I'm not sure what is the cause of this problem. I tried also to use a
installed version of VTK of my system, but stills get the same error.

3) WITH_COVERAGE

CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:183 (IF):

 given arguments:

 "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID" "AND" "STREQUAL" "GNU"

 Unknown arguments specified

Probably because I'm trying to build on Windows?

Thanks,

Pedro.

______________________
Pedro Omedas

Scientific Developer
Center for Computational Imaging & Simulation Technologies in Biomedicine
(CISTIB)
Information & Communication Technologies Department Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- UPF - www.upf.edu
Networking Center on Biomedical Research - CIBER-BBN - www.ciber-bbn.org
c/ Tànger, 122-140 - E08018 Barcelona - Spain
Sec: +34 93-542-1350
mailto:pedro.omedas at upf.edu