[Ctk-developers] DCMTK for linux

Michael Onken dicom at offis.de
Sun May 9 12:35:44 EDT 2010

Dear all,

Am 09.05.2010 um 06:35 schrieb Stephen Aylward:

> I used the git repo specified on the dcmtk webpage.

These are our first steps with git -- it is a cvs export from our internal repository and we use it only read-only to get first experiences with that. Interesting how fast this was found by you people since it was not really announced at a popular place and is there now for a few days ;)

> Perhaps we can contribute these changes back to the main DCMTK repo?
> Perhaps we can use superbuild to fetch such external libraries,
> rather then develop our own versions of them?

We are actually working on a CMake-enabled version for unix systems and therefore I looked at the approach from Julien Jomier (well, Julien, I was impressed about your translation of the configure script stuff, you seem to be a real expert ;). Currently a modified version of that work is running pretty good on our development system (Debian Linux). However, since I don't understand all of its aspects, I would be happy to work with the kitware experts on that at the hackfest and find a good way to get that officially into DCMTK :-) Maybe at the beginning we (OFFIS) want to keep our configure scripts as a standard but introduce an "experimental" CMake build process for unixes.

So I am looing forward meeting you in Washington!

Best regards,
Michael