[Ctk-developers] communication model in ctk

Daniele Giunchi d.giunchi at scsolutions.it
Mon May 3 11:52:04 EDT 2010

Dear ctk-Developers,
reading documentation about ctk, we notice that it could be very
useful defining a communication model between modules which depends
from other modules inside the common toolkit. This can reduce coupling between
them or however give an organization in order to simplify the
implementation of possible extensions.
In MAF3 we implement this model:

1) creating for each module a facade class which represents the interface of it;
2) using design by contracts to ensure that input and output will be coherent;
3) we implement concrete communication using a layer (called
mafEventBus) which bases its functionalities on Qt signal/slot.

Inside each module, the communication between objects and class
dependencies doesn't follow this schema and it is more free.
What do you think about discussing this approach?

best regards,

Daniele and Paolo

Dott. Daniele Giunchi
BioComputing Competence Centre
Super Computing Solutions s.r.l. , CINECA
Via Magnanelli 6/3, 40033 Casalecchio di Reno BO, Italy
http://tinyurl.com/z24zv
http://www.scsolutions.it
mailto:d.giunchi at scsolutions.it

The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
material from any computer.