[Ctk-developers] git workflow: Fwd: [Nipy-devel] Gitwash: a git/github workflow document for review

Marco Nolden m.nolden at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Apr 26 11:07:19 EDT 2010

Am 26.04.2010 15:42, schrieb Stephen Aylward:
> We follow this pattern on our internal projects:
> http://www.dinnermint.org/tutorial/dead-simple-git-workflow-for-agile-teams/

These are very nice scripts. But everything is just pushed to master so
it's basically a SVN like collaboration with the advantage of local
commits. The "what" and "why" something gets into the mainline is still
left to other communication means. Maybe my original mail subject was
misleading, I thought more about starting a discussion about
contribution models before we have 20+ people pushing to the mainline.

>> Matthew Brett has done a very nice job summarizing the ideas and commands
>> needed for day to day development (in a generic way using the stand-in
>> project 'gitwash'):
>>
>> https://cirl.berkeley.edu/mb312/gitwash/
>>
>> Can we adopt the same workflow procedures for ctk?  Or are there suggestions
>> anyone would make?

This looks very nice. I would suggest people also use branches in their
repos so they could give them a name:
https://cirl.berkeley.edu/mb312/gitwash/development_workflow.html#making-a-new-local-and-remote-branch

Maybe this would become useful then:
http://github.com/blog/39-say-hello-to-the-network-graph-visualizer