[Ctk-developers] ctk organization and hackfest

Steve Pieper pieper at bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 15 12:29:02 EDT 2010

Hi ctk-developers -

It's great to see the activity on the list over the last weeks and the
new subscription requests.  The CTK idea seems to be popular :)  I just
wanted to send out a few historical notes about how things are organized
for now.

As you can see on the wiki, we've had a several face to face meetings
of, basically, people we thought would be interested.  There's been a
lot of enthusiasm and discussion that is reflected in the meeting
minutes on the wiki.  Now the project is starting to gain momentum -
excellent!

In May we're planning another face to face meeting and most of the
organization has happened off-list, primarily because we were trying to
pick a date and location that worked well for the organizers.

Now that this is getting settled, we want to move the discussion of the
topic and activities to the list and the wiki for greater transparency
and community involvement.  You'll find preliminary info about the event
on the wiki:

http://www.commontk.org/index.php/CTK-Hackfest-May-2010

This is essentially a 'by invitation only' event, where the organizing
committee has invited a group of developers to get the CTK project
started and we've believe we've reached capacity for this event.  Future
hackfests will be announced in advance and we hope lots of people will
be interested in participating.  The venue and activities at future
hackfests will be determined based on the number of active participants
in the project.

Thanks,
the hackfest organizers (Steve, Ivo & Stephen)