[Ctk-developers] CTK Dashboard: A DICOM data collection for testing ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 9 10:45:15 EDT 2010

Hi Marco,

Thanks for taking on the task of improving code quality.

Here are a couple of ideas:

1) In IGSTK we included a couple of DICOM files in the
    source code repository itself in order to provide testing
    of basic functionalities.  This is  OK for "Unit-Testing".
    (and has to be limited to a couple of slices, since you
    don't want a source code repository to carry more than
    10% of data.

    This simple data, however, insufficient for "Acceptance-Tests"
    (that is, tests that verify the code under realistic conditions
    from the point of view of a final user).

so

2) We could host a set of realistic DICOM series in the MIDAS
    server, and setup CMake to download them into testing
    machines as part of the superbuild. It will be important to
    include in that collection, a set of "bad" datasets that exercise
    error conditions in the code.

    That is, we want to include DICOM images that are not compliant,
    and we want to verify that the code rejects them accordingly.

Does DMTK has a data-testing collection that we could use ?

and if so, it is redistributable ?

    Luis