[Ctk-developers] CTK Dashboard: Cleaning up Warnings: DCMTK

Marco Eichelberg eichelberg at offis.de
Fri Apr 9 02:40:48 EDT 2010

Dear all,

Luis Ibanez wrote:
 > In the process of cleaning up warnings in the Dashboard,
 > we ran into issues with DCMTK:
>
> CMakeExternals/Install/include/dcmtk/oflog/spi/logevent.h
>
>   warning: declaration of ‘message’ shadows a member of 'this'
>   warning: declaration of ‘ll’ shadows a member of 'this'

These are compiler warnings, not neccessarily issues.
We'll look into this, though.

Stephen Aylward wrote:
 > The DCMTK folks are key participants in CTK.
 > I'm guessing they can fix those...

Correct.

Julien Finet wrote:
>> In CTK/Utilities we have a local version of DCMTK that we cmakeified.
>> My vote goes to fix the warnings into directly into the CTK repository.

I would think that this is a bad idea. Our team publishes a new snapshot
of the DCMTK source code about once a month. If you create a fork, then
you will be responsible for merging that with our releases about monthly.
Since the DCMTK team is part of CTK, I would suggest that you report
problems with DCMTK to us, let us fix them, and avoid any duplication
of code or work.

With best regards,
Dr. Marco Eichelberg

--
Dr. Marco Eichelberg
Gruppenleiter Integrationstechnik | Manager Integration Technology Group

OFFIS
FuE Bereich Gesundheit | R&D Division Health
Escherweg 2 - 26121 Oldenburg - Germany
Phone/Fax.: +49 441 9722-147/111
E-Mail: eichelberg at offis.de