[ITK] Question about applying registration transformation to another data set

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Mon Jun 12 13:19:19 EDT 2017

Yes, you can load raw files into 3D Slicer. You just have to create a small text file that specifies how your raw file should be interpreted (pixel type, image size, spacing). For example, if you have a raw file ‘myimage.raw’ create a text file called ‘myimage.nhdr’ in the same directory with the following content:

NRRD0004
type: short
dimension: 3
space: left-posterior-superior
sizes: 256 256 130
space directions: (1.0,0,0) (0,1.0,0) (0,0,1.0)
kinds: domain domain domain
endian: little
encoding: raw
space origin: (0.0,0.0,0.0)
data file: myimage.raw

Probably you only need to change type (probably uchar, short, or double – see all options here: http://teem.sourceforge.net/nrrd/format.html#basic), sizes (image size in pixels), and space directions (change 1.0 values to image spacing values).

If you create your images in Matlab then you can use nrrdwrite.m to write your matrix into a raw file along with a .nhdr text header file (https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/slicerrt/trunk/MatlabBridge/src/MatlabCommander/commandserver/).

You can load the image by drag-and-dropping the .nrrd file into 3DSlicer application window.

Andras