[ITK] Question about CBCT projection data

Yaniv, Ziv Rafael (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] zivrafael.yaniv at nih.gov
Thu Aug 24 11:16:11 EDT 2017

Hello Atallah,

If possible I would recommend that you correspond with the vendor of your machine to ensure that you are interpreting the data correctly. Based on my experience with CBCT I suspect that the original projection image size, which matches the machine’s calibration, is rectangular and not square. Some vendors modify the original size to accommodate for viewers that expect square images. Exporting the same dataset in two different ways on a machine I used resulted in images with different sizes.

Sample data and matlab code for interpreting such images can be found in this MIDAS repository: http://midas.kitware.com/community/view/34

        hope this helps
                Ziv