[ITK] [ITK-users] ITK 4.8.1 build on Cygwin

Andrew J. Buckler (Elucid Bioimaging) andrew.buckler at elucidbio.com
Sat Oct 31 11:33:53 EDT 2015

Hello,
I am working to build ITK 4.8.1 on Cygwin, but receive the following error:
/cygdrive/c/Users/Andrew Buckler/My Documents/projects/InsightToolkit-4.8.1/Modules/ThirdParty/KWSys/src/KWSys/SystemTools.cxx: In function 'void Realpath(const string&, std::string&, std::string*)':
/cygdrive/c/Users/Andrew Buckler/My Documents/projects/InsightToolkit-4.8.1/Modules/ThirdParty/KWSys/src/KWSys/SystemTools.cxx:326:51: error: 'realpath' was not declared in this scope
   char *ret = realpath(path.c_str(), resolved_name);

I had run cmake beforehand, using the following:
$ cmake -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-std=c++11 -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=../VTK-build -DModule_ITKReview:BOOL=ON -DModule_MinimalPathExtraction:BOOL=ON -DModule_ITKVtkGlue:BOOL=ON ../InsightToolkit-4.8.1

Which ran successfully.

As it happens, I did have what seems the same error building VTK.  A request to that list elicited a most helpful message from Cory, pointing me to http://hvrl.ics.keio.ac.jp/kimura/vtk/vtk-6.3.0.html which included a patch and instructions that cleared the problem.  Before posting this message to the list, I did ask Cory whether he had or knew of a similar fix for ITK, but he replied suggesting I post to this list (apparently indicating that he had more specific experience on this point for VTK than ITK).

Any help would be most wlecome, with my thanks.

Happy Halloween,
Andy
Andrew J. Buckler, President and CEO
Elucid Bioimaging Inc.
225 Main Street, Suite 15 | Wenham, MA  01984  USA
Office: +1-978-468-0508
Mobile: +1-978-473-1986
Fax: +1-978-468-0527
andrew.buckler at elucidbio.com<mailto:andrew.buckler at elucidbio.com> | www.elucidbio.com<http://www.elucidbio.com/>

This e-mail is from Elucid Bioimaging Inc., a product development and contract research company, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy or distribute the e-mail or any attachments. Instead, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments. Thank you.