[ITK] [ITK-dev] ITKPerformanceBenchmarks

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Fri Oct 30 16:30:20 EDT 2015

Hi Bill,

This work is based off work of Stephen and Sebastien as described here:

  http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/User:Barre/ITK_Registration_Optimization

Essentially, we get more accurate timing results when bumping up the
operating system threads' and process' priority.

Hyun Jae Kang is working on this, and we were discussing it this
afternoon.  The current plan for next steps is to refactor the
generally re-usable support code, like the high-priority time probes,
as an ITK External module while as it is being actively developed.
Once the dust has settled, the path forward will be more clear.  Maybe
the improvements should be integrated into existing classes or maybe
they should be made available in a Remote module.

Thanks,
Matt