[ITK] GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter

Ken Sutherland kensuth at med.hokudai.ac.jp
Thu Oct 22 21:34:23 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to use GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter.

I'm using the knee sample from "Create2DActiveShapeModel", with the mean
image and three principle component files. I then use one of the
training images as the target, so it should be an easy task. I'm using
all the default parameters from the sample code.

I've created an animation by outputting the result image at each step of
the registration. The cyan image is the shape model, the white image is
the target that I am trying to segment. But it seems that the shape is
never changing, only the mean shape image is being used. It shifts left,
right, up, down and rotates, but never changes shape, no matter how many
iterations I run.

Can anyone provide any insight?

The animated GIF file is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B30jBBgGrOnreEZGbDBHcmppZ1U/view?usp=sharing