[ITK] Redirect ITK logging

Coert Metz c.metz at quantib.com
Thu May 14 04:32:10 EDT 2015

Thanks for the suggestions! Very helpful! Will this approach catch all ITK
logging? So both Logger output and the output of, for example, the
itkGenericOutputMacro?

Regards,
Coert Metz

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 7:31 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> And here is an example that logs to a file.
> http://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Utilities/FileOutputWindow
>

> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Matt McCormick
> <matt.mccormick at kitware.com> wrote:
> > Hi Coert,
> >
> > Does inheriting from itk::OutputWindow [1] and setting the singleton
> > instance [2] do what you need?
> >
> > HTH,
> > Matt
> >
> > [1] http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1OutputWindow.html
> >
> > [2]
> http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1OutputWindow.html#a0503d987b75a36ca2b92d72c090fd6bd
> >
> > On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Coert Metz <c.metz at quantib.com> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Is there a way to catch all log messages coming from ITK and redirect
> them
> >> to my own logger class? It seems there is a logger class and there also
> are
> >> macro's such as itkGenericOutputMacro. It is not completely clear to me
> >> which methods are used to log messages within the ITK library and if I
> can
> >> catch these messages easily.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Coert Metz
> >>

> >> This message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
> are
> >> not the addressee, please notify the sender and delete it from your
> files.
>

> --

Coert Metz, PhD
Research & Development Engineer  |  Quantib B.V. <http://www.quantib.com/>