[ITK] Fwd: ITK and python wrap problem

gowith king gowithking at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 22 12:13:23 EDT 2014

I recorded my procedure as follow:
cd ~
git clone git://itk.org/ITK.git
cd ITK
git pull
mkdir BUILD
cd BUILD
ccmake ..
in the ccmake configure options the follow flags were selected:
BUILD_EXAMPLES
OFF
 BUILD_SHARED_LIBS
ON
 BUILD_TESTING
OFF
 CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE                 Release
ITK_WRAP_PERL
OFF
 ITK_WRAP_PYTHON                  ON
PERL_EXECUTABLE
/usr/bin/perl
 PYTHON_EXECUTABLE
/usr/bin/python
 PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR
/usr/include/python2.7
 PYTHON_LIBRARY                   /usr/lib/libpython2.7.so

 PY_SITE_PACKAGES_PATH
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
 SCPCOMMAND                       /usr/bin/scp

Then the configure warning of executable and library mismatch comes, ignore
the warning
g to generation
sudo make
sudo make install

for the test :
python
>>>import itk
>>> inputimage=itk.Image[itk.UC,3] --- errors report here :
in eclispe : undefined variable from import UC
in terminal :Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.7/Python/itkLazy.py", line 42, in
__getattribute__
    itkBase.LoadModule(module, namespace)
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.7/Python/itkBase.py", line 108, in LoadModule
    LoadModule(dep, namespace)
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.7/Python/itkBase.py", line 108, in LoadModule
    LoadModule(dep, namespace)
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.7/Python/itkBase.py", line 108, in LoadModule
    LoadModule(dep, namespace)
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.7/Python/itkBase.py", line 108, in LoadModule
    LoadModule(dep, namespace)
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.7/Python/itkBase.py", line 118, in LoadModule
    module = loader.load(swigModuleName)
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.7/Python/itkBase.py", line 224, in load
    return imp.load_module(name, fp, pathname, description)
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.7/Python/ITKCommonPython.py", line 32, in
<module>
    _ITKCommonPython = swig_import_helper()
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.7/Python/ITKCommonPython.py", line 28, in
swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_ITKCommonPython', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: libitkvnl_algo-4.7.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory