[ITK Community] problems with SmoothMeshFilter!!

Chiara Magliaro chiara.magliaro at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 11 04:15:32 EST 2013

Hi all,

I tryed to create a volume following the VolumeFromSlices example (
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/IO/VolumeFromSlices). So I obtained a
.mhd file, that i'm able to visualize with Paraview as a contour.
With Paraview I'm also able to generate triangles (so, a mesh!?). Then, i
save the triangularized volume as filename.stl.
Now, I'd like to smooth the volume i have, and i'm using
the itkSmoothingQuadEdgeMeshFilterTest as a guide. It works with a Mesh in
input, but it doesn't work. In fact, I have an exception during the program
execution ("Exception thrown while reading the input file "). That's
because i'm using an .stl file, but in this file i haven't a mesh? ...but I
can visualize it as a mesh!
What can i do to solve it?
thanks in advance

Chiara