[Cmb-users] Superbuild questions

Neil Carlson neil.n.carlson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 19:31:41 EDT 2016

I have a few questions related to updating/rebuilding cmb/smtk.

1. When cmb-superbuild is cloned (and submodules updated) does it pull in
the current master head versions of cmb and smtk?

2. To update my cmb-superbuild repo what do I need to do beyond 'git
pull'?  I'm specifically thinking of the submodules; I've not encountered
them before.

3. I'm going to be testing model-builder on a workflow being developed, so
I expect I'm going to want to be pulling in the latest changes on
cmb/smtk.  What I'd like, is to use cmb-superbuild to build and package
just the TPLs, which I can stick somewhere, and then build cmb/smtk from
their repos, pointing to the TPL installation.  I'm sure this must be one
of the workflows, but I don't know how to do it. I noted the
DEVELOPER_MODE_{cmb,smtk} cmake variables, which I suspect are relevant
somehow.

Thanks, Neil