[Cmb-users] Modelbuilder User Manual draft

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Thu Jul 2 13:30:52 EDT 2015

Hi Dylan,

> I'm in the process of writing a user manual for ModelBuilder v4. I have posted a very rough draft of it here
>
> Please let me know if you have suggestions (how is the structure?) or comments.

I think having the screenshot and explanation of what each menu item/toolbar button does is great, but remember that the problem I had when I started with ModelBuilder was understanding the workflow it was intended to support. From that perspective, I think the best structure for the user's manual would be to cover the most typical use case:

- Import a simulation tempate
- Import or generate a model
- Fill out attributes specifying the simulation
  - Specify global simulation parameters
  - Create attribute instances for materials and other non-geometric properties that may have an arbitrary number in the simulation
- Associate model entities to attributes
- Specify mesh size constraints and mesh the geometry (optionally in the future)
- Export the simulation input deck and analysis mesh

	David