[Cmb-users] CMB binary doesn't work on my RHEL6

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 13:14:30 EST 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Robert Maynard
<robert.maynard at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 12:54 PM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Robert Maynard
>> <robert.maynard at kitware.com> wrote:

>>> Last year I wrote a hashstack recipe for most of cmb which can be
>>> found at https://github.com/robertmaynard/hashstack/tree/cmb-profile/
>>> , it does include Remus.
>>
>> I didn't know! Can I create a pull request from your branch?
>
> I am hesitant to do a pull request as the branch is pretty old and the
> version of our
>  dependencies might be out of date in that branch. We should review the packages
> that the branch adds and verify they are using the same version as the
> SuperBuild
> versions.cmake

Ok, I am building your branch now and I'll fix any problems. If it
builds and works, I'll send a PR.

>>> Basically that is correct, but the superbuild will install everything
>>> into <build_dir>/install/ (include/lib/bin).
>>> So you should be able to add <build_dir>/install as a
>>> CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to find anything it has built.
>>
>> Ah I see, right. So it built a few packages and then failed with:
>>
>> -- Up-to-date: /local/certik/repos/RGG/superbuild/install/lib/cmake/qttesting/QtTestingTargets.cmake
>> -- Installing: /local/certik/repos/RGG/superbuild/install/lib/cmake/qttesting/QtTestingTargets-noconfig.cmake
>> [ 40%] Completed 'QtTesting'
>> [ 42%] Built target QtTesting
>> [ 48%] Built target boost
>> [ 54%] Built target szip
>> [ 60%] Built target hdf5
>> [ 60%] Performing configure step for 'netcdf'
>> Not searching for unused variables given on the command line.
>> CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
>>   Syntax Warning in cmake code at
>>
>>     /local/certik/repos/RGG/superbuild/netcdf/src/netcdf/CMakeLists.txt:339:56
>>
>>   Argument not separated from preceding token by whitespace.
>> This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
>>
>> CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:78 (FIND_PACKAGE):
>>   Syntax Warning in cmake code at
>>
>>     /local/certik/repos/RGG/superbuild/netcdf/src/netcdf/cmake/modules/FindMakeDist.cmake:202:40
>>
>>   Argument not separated from preceding token by whitespace.
>> This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
>>
>> -- Could NOT find CURL (missing:  CURL_LIBRARY CURL_INCLUDE_DIR)
>> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:425 (MESSAGE):
>>   DAP Support specified, CURL libraries are not found.
>>

>> -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>> See also "/local/certik/repos/RGG/superbuild/netcdf/src/netcdf-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
>> See also "/local/certik/repos/RGG/superbuild/netcdf/src/netcdf-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
>> make[2]: *** [netcdf/src/netcdf-stamp/netcdf-configure] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/netcdf.dir/all] Error 2
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>

>> It failed with Curl. I'll move over to your branch now, I know how to
>> fix such problems in there if needed.
>>

> FYI the cmb superbuild and the RGG superbuild are actually different
> projects. If you are building RGG I would stick with that superbuild
> as the dependencies differ. It looks like the CMB superbuild has the
> fixes for disabling DAP support but that wasn't ported to the RGG
> superbuild.

What is the repository for CMB? I went to:

http://www.computationalmodelbuilder.org/download/

and it pointed me to: https://github.com/Kitware/RGG

But I noticed in your branch that you use
git://public.kitware.com/CMB.git. So I am a bit confused which one is
the official repository for CMB.

Ondrej