[Cmb-users] Updates to CMB for VTK's OpenGL2 backend

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Mon Dec 22 23:03:02 EST 2014

Hi Marcus,

>>> I just pushed updates to a few repositories, and had a pull request
>>> merged in SMTK to make it possible to build CMBv4 with OpenGL2-based
>>> ParaView/VTK. ...
>>
>> I am using an older version of ParaView (SHA 55f3b0e, from around Sep 10) and get link errors building libsmtkDiscreteBridge.dylib in SMTK ("library not found for -lvtkRendering"), ...
>>
> I didn't realize people would want to use old ParaView/VTK, I added a
> new commit, and will make a pull request, that should address this.

I am still getting the same error message. Also, if I want to build ParaView master with the OpenGL2 backend, do I need to set anything beside VTK_RENDERING_BACKEND:STRING=OpenGL2 ? I tried that and (after turning off some PV plugins) it starts building but then dies with

[ 74%] Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "vtkWebGLObject::GetId()", referenced from:
      vtkPVWebApplication::GetWebGLSceneMetaData(vtkSMViewProxy*) in vtkPVWebApplication.cxx.o
  "vtkWebGLObject::isVisible()", referenced from:
      vtkPVWebApplication::GetWebGLSceneMetaData(vtkSMViewProxy*) in vtkPVWebApplication.cxx.o
      vtkPVWebApplication::GetWebGLBinaryData(vtkSMViewProxy*, char const*, int) in vtkPVWebApplication.cxx.o

	Thanks,
	David