[CMake] Windows build behavior change

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 16:03:21 EST 2020

I'm building this new windows system... I installed the latest cmake
I'm attempting to build this project with visual studio
1) it couldn't find an assembler until I put gcc in the path (i'm not sure
what part is requiring assembly I'll dig into that later)  I added NASM to
the path, and that didn't help.

2) I've been specifying libraries to link against as just their name in my
cmakelists files; so that I can build with gcc and get 'libodbc32.a' or
MSVC and get 'odbc32.lib'  but the .lib extension isn't being added to the
libraries specifed in the generated VS(2019) project files