[CMake] Build cmake dependency

Scott Bloom scott at towel42.com
Fri Feb 28 12:42:01 EST 2020

That said,typically, when a CMake based library is included into a larger cmake project, it will set some variables.  SUBLIB_DIR for instance..  so you would then, in the top project do something like

include_directories( ${SUBLIB_DIR }/include )

If it doesn't create the directory, I would do the following

set( SUBLIB_DIR ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/SubLibName )
add_subdirectory( ${SUBLIB_DIR} )

for the output of the library, you can in your executable target_link_libraries directly list the target project name

target_link_libraries( MyExe SubLib )

Scott