[CMake] Linking GSL to cmake using command line

Raymond Wan rwan.work at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 12:28:15 EDT 2019

Hi Sachi,

Unfortunately, the short answer is "no".  I think you misunderstand
what CMake is.  One way to summarise it is that it allows developers
of programs to describe/explain how to compile and link software.  For
example, suppose there is a program X and it uses the GSL library.  A
programmer might use CMake to explain how GSL can link with X on Mac,
Linux, etc. -- across various platforms.  This will make it easier for
the end user.

If you are an end user (i.e., you didn't make the program X), then you
need CMake isn't for you.  I'm afraid you might have to read the GSL
documentation for Mac, instead.  If you are the developer of X, then
you might want to go through the various CMake tutorials and give it a
try -- then, if you're still stuck, post what you got so far so that
someone can help you.

Based on what you've asked, my guess is that CMake isn't what you
should be looking into.

Ray