[CMake] set_target_properties ( INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES ...)

Theodore Hall twhall at umich.edu
Thu Sep 12 18:23:54 EDT 2019

Greetings,

  set_target_properties(target PROPERTIES
    IMPORTED_LOCATION location
    IMPORTED_IMPLIB implib
    INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES directory+
  )

Is there a way to assign more than one directory to
INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES ?  The property name is plural, but every
attempt I've made to specify more than one directory has failed.  CMake
complains that either: I've passed the wrong number of arguments; or
concatenates all of them into one path which of course doesn't exist.

I've found a work-around using

  target_include_directories (target
    INTERFACE directory1
    INTERFACE directory2
  )

It just seems odd that a property with a plural name accepts only a
singular value.  I feel like I'm missing something.  I've tried wrapping
multiple directories in various kinds of brackets and quotes and separating
them with ; or , instead of whitespace.  (This is Windows, so : isn't a
path separator; the system PATH variable uses ; as the separator.)

Thanks for any enlightenment.

--

Ted Hall