[CMake] Setting RPATH lookup on macOS

Juan Sanchez juan.e.sanchez at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 12:17:18 EDT 2019

I never suggested copying files into the build tree.  The original
question was about how to locate libraries at runtime.  You don't
necessarily have to use @rpath, @executable_path is also a valid
option.  Another valid option one is to strip out @rpath and use
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH or DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH.

If you want to set an rpath from cmake, you can also use target properties like:
INSTALL_RPATH
BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH

where BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH is useful if you don't want to use
CMake's install system.

Regards,

Juan