[CMake] How to Switch to Static Runtime on Command Line?

Eric Doenges doenges at mvtec.com
Mon Oct 28 10:07:55 EDT 2019

By default, CMake will use /EHsc when compiling for the Windows
platform, with no option to change this that I am aware of. If a project
wants different settings, it needs to handle this itself. And in fact,
LLVM 3.4.2 conditionally modifies /EHsc to /EHs-c- in
cmake/modules/LLVMProcessSources.cmake, so I wouldn't be surprised if
LLVM 10.0.0 does something similar (I don't have a more recent version
of LLVM lying about, so I can't check).

To figure out what option(s) you need to set or what files you need to
modify, you either need to ask the LLVM developers, or dig through the
LLVM cmake project to figure out what it is doing with the /EHsc option.

--

*Dr. Eric Dönges*
Senior Software Engineer

MVTec Software GmbH | Arnulfstr. 205 | 80634 Munich | Germany
doenges at mvtec.com <mailto:mustermann at mvtec.com> | Tel: +49 89 457 695-0
| www.mvtec.com <http://www.mvtec.com>

Find our privacy policy here <https://www.mvtec.com/imprint>.

Sign up <https://www.mvtec.com/newsletter> for our MVTec Newsletter!

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Wolfgang Eckstein, Dr. Olaf Munkelt
Amtsgericht München HRB 114695

MVTec Software GmbH Logo