[CMake] VS2019 LLVM Toolset?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 16:03:33 EDT 2019

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 at 21:36, Osman Zakir wrote:

> Yes, I looked at this: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/cppblog/clang-llvm-support-in-visual-studio/ so I kind of get it.  VS2019 has built-in support for LLVM.  I of course do have LLVM installed.  So for this, I have to put "ClangCL" as the argument to -T?  Okay, thanks.  I'll try that.

The relevant part is only the first screenshot.

Please note that Visual Studio 2019 also has some kind of "native
support for CMake", so you don't even need to run CMake manually to
generate the project. You just open a folder with CMakeLists and
generate projects on the fly with whichever toolset you prefer. I was
playing with it a while back with a Preview version, but it kept
crashing too often to be useful. They have released a few updates
since, but I never tested again, so I'm not sure if it got better or
not (I hope it did), I simply keep using the traditional way for now.

Mojca