[CMake] Centos8 FindICU problems

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Tue Oct 22 17:22:22 EDT 2019

On 22/10/2019 21:51, Kent Williams wrote:

> find_package(ICU REQUIRED)
>
> It reports failure to find ICU, and I can't work out what I'm supposed
> to do:
>
>     CMake Error at
> /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:137
> (message):
>       Failed to find all ICU components (missing: ICU_LIBRARY) (found
> version
>       "60.2")
>     Call Stack (most recent call first):
> /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:378
> (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
>       /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindICU.cmake:317
> (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
>       CMakeLists.txt:3 (find_package)
> Any suggestions?

Hi Kent,

You need to specify the ICU libraries you want to link with as
COMPONENTS.  E.g.

find_package(ICU REQUIRED COMPONENTS data i18n io tu)

If you don't specify any components, then it won't find any libraries at
all and that will cause the check to fail which caused the above error.

Regards,

Roger