[CMake] lintian errors when using cpack

Gillman, Matthew m.gillman at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 10 04:16:17 EDT 2019

It's great that cpack can generate different packages - in my case, a .deb file for Debian.

But if you then want to submit the generated .deb file to be part of Debian's official release, you have to run the lintian tool, and make sure you pass its checks. I have managed manually to fix some errors in the .deb file (which underneath is just an ar archive), and doubtless other warn ins and errors could be solved using appropriate CPACK_DEBIAN_* options in the CMakeLists.txt file. But I have a couple of errors which I don't know how to fix:

E: libsopt3.0: shlib-missing-in-control-file libsopt 3.0 for usr/lib/libsopt.so.3.0.1
E: libsopt3.0: package-must-activate-ldconfig-trigger usr/lib/libsopt.so.3.0.1

Probably the shilbs file and control file need correcting, but I can't find anything which makes sense to me. Here is the shills file:

libsopt 3 libsopt3.0

And here is the relevant section of the control file:

Package: libsopt3.0
#Section: devel
Section: libs
#Version: 0.1.1
Version: 3.0

If anyone can help, I would be very grateful. Are there perhaps CPACK_DEBIAN_* options I could use to solve these issues?

Thanks

Matthew