[CMake] cmake end user vs. developer rpath handling

DIXON, MARK C. mark.c.dixon at durham.ac.uk
Wed Oct 9 11:37:36 EDT 2019

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, Zakrzewski, Jakub wrote:
> That "something" seems to be line 257: set(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH
> "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}")

There's a second something that's adding boost's library directory. I'm
guessing this is maybe coming from my copy of cmake's boost detection
code.

>> Is there a way to reliably add to, or at least override, the developer's
>> rpath in any cmake-built software?
>
> Short of editing the build system scripts? I doubt...

Drat. It would be a very useful feature to have: I install a lot of
software for other people to use, and maintaining my own patches is a big
headache.

Big minus in the "comparison with GNU configure" column... setting
LD_RUN_PATH normally does the trick there.

Thanks,

Mark