[CMake] ?==?utf-8?q? ?==?utf-8?q? ?= Looking for an explanation: What exactly means "install" in cmake language

Cornelis Bockemühl cornelis at bockemuehl.ch
Tue Oct 8 06:51:01 EDT 2019

One more finding: the "magic" that QtCreator does to start example also without any additional fiddling with the RPATH: it already contains a RUNPATH, and this points to the shared library libshlibbu.so in it's build tree location, not in the installed location - and the same with libshlibbu.so.

And the "install" process indeed handles the RPATH/RUNPATH: it simply removes it!

Meaning: it I want to end up what I initially expected, I have to do two additional things manually (or maybe there is an automatic way??):

1) copy the shared libraries to the "example" install directory tree
2) add some RPATH or RUNPATH setting to all the binaries that need it

Regards, Cornelis