[CMake] HOWTO declare component inter-dependencies in multi-component packages

stefan stefan at seefeld.name
Thu Oct 3 16:30:26 EDT 2019

Hi Kyle,

thanks for the quick followup.

On 2019-10-03 4:23 p.m., Kyle Edwards wrote:
> Please take a look at cpack_add_component():
> https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/module/CPackComponent.html

I'm not sure what specifically I should be looking for.

In general my setup is working fine, i.e. my build generates multiple
packages as expected. They even contain dependencies to external
packages, as I have set as per the available variables. What I haven't
been able to express is the component inter-dependency. That is, I
haven't found a way to make my "development" package depend on the
"runtime" package (generated from the same build process).

Sorry for being obtuse.

Stefan