[CMake] Missing dll on program startup - a way automate it?

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Nov 20 14:59:53 EST 2019

You can also use cmake to just copy the DLLs into the appropriate directory. Here is a snippet from our own projects.

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#- This copies all the Prebuilt Pipeline files into the Build directory so the help
#- works from the Build Tree
add_custom_target(PrebuiltPipelinesCopy ALL
            COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E copy_directory ${DREAM3D_SUPPORT_DIR}/PrebuiltPipelines
            ${CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY}/${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR}/PrebuiltPipelines/
            COMMENT "Copying Prebuilt Pipelines into Binary Directory")
set_target_properties(PrebuiltPipelinesCopy PROPERTIES FOLDER ZZ_COPY_FILES)

--
Mike Jackson

--
Michael A. Jackson                 400 S. Pioneer Blvd
Owner, President                   Springboro, Ohio 45066
BlueQuartz Software, LLC           EMail: mailto:mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Voice: 937-790-1601                Web: http://www.bluequartz.net/
Fax: 937-746-0783