[CMake] Install without building unittests

Scott Bloom scott at towel42.com
Wed Mar 27 22:22:30 EDT 2019

I asked this a couple of years ago, and the answer was "no"...

If you run tests, it doesn't automatically build tests...  So why does an install?

I would never release something into the wild with out running the tests...

But, for developer builds, were we need to install all the packages in order to run the applications, sometimes I just want to test the GUI which requires an install of the core application into the correct location, without building the 1500+ (yes 1500) unittests, which can take 15-20 minutes to build on their own...

Is there anyway to break the dependency??

Scott