[CMake] PIE-pie_off and CMP0083-cmp0083_new fail for openSuse Leap 15.0

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Wed Mar 20 06:44:42 EDT 2019

Hi Alan,
thanks for you answer. Do you know how the open build service works? It
sets up a fresh installation for each (openSuse) platform. Then CMake's
sources are deflated, configure is called and the package is build,
installed, tested and then packaged. So no other CMake version is
involved beside CMake 3.14. So both good and bad platforms are from the
same CMake source. They only differ in the versions of GCC, make, and so on.

In the meantime I got some input from the openSuse community, indicating
that Leap 15.0's GCC discrespects the pie/no-pie switch, cf.
http://paste.opensuse.org/14067189
If an openSuse bug is confirmen, I let you know.

Bye
Christoph

--
Unfortunately, plots are notoriously hard to get right. Partly, the
default settings of programs like gnuplot or Excel are to blame for