[CMake] Embedded build using ExternalProject

Torsten Robitzki Torsten at Robitzki.de
Wed Jun 26 13:38:29 EDT 2019

Hi Albrecht,

> Am 26.06.2019 um 19:10 schrieb Albrecht Schlosser <AlbrechtS.fltk at online.de>:
>
> On 6/26/19 3:53 PM Torsten Robitzki wrote:
>
>> I don’t want to build any EOL test firmware, test-tools etc. just the stuff that will be shipped, thus the explicit target. I can build the firmware_binaries, from the source directly, without problems. But when I try to build with the top-level cmake file, that contains the ExternalProject_Add(), I get the usual configure output and then:
>> -- Configuring done
>> -- Generating done
>> -- Build files have been written to: /Users/todi/blueswd_firmware/build/firmware_binaries-prefix/src/firmware_binaries-build
>
> Is this a on a Windows system?

No, my build host is a Mac. I figured out, what the problem with this recusion is:

  BUILD_COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} —build ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR} --target firmware_binaries

The build command really recuses into ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}, which have to be:

  BUILD_COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} —build <BINARY_DIR> --target firmware_packages

:-)