[CMake] How do I get ExternalProject_Add to install libs/programs with sudo access

Ruben Di Battista rubendibattista at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 18:21:10 EDT 2019

If I’m not mistaken, you should be able to change the install prefix using the CMAKE_ARGS option in the Configure step. This is my ExternalProject_Add I use to download third party stuff. Things enclosed by @ are replaced at configure time by correct names/URLs.

```
ExternalProject_Add(
    @TP_PACKAGE_NAME@
    GIT_REPOSITORY @TP_PACKAGE_GIT_REPOSITORY@
    GIT_TAG "master"
    GIT_PROGRESS TRUE
    UPDATE_COMMAND ${GIT_EXECUTABLE} pull
    LOG_DOWNLOAD ON
    LOG_CONFIGURE ON
    LOG_BUILD ON
    INSTALL_DIR "@TP_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIR@"
    CMAKE_ARGS -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<INSTALL_DIR> -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS='-g'
)
```

          _

https://rdb.is