[CMake] can I use cmake in parallel with Eclipse IDE?

hex hex7c3 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 19:28:59 EST 2019

hello,

I want to use CMake as my primary build system. At some point I would
like to take advantage of the tools provided by IDEs, such as stepping
through code.

I know I can use CMake to generate an eclipse project, or use Eclipse to
generate a CMake project. My doubt is whether these options are merely
meant for import purposes or can these be used in parallel, i.e.,
switching between my CMake project and Eclipse back and forth.

I was reading about /*launch.json*/ files and it seems that these can be
used to launch any application with it.

please advice,

thank you