[CMake] find_package config and install

Lars laasunde at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 07:05:53 EST 2019

Alan,

Thank you very much for the response.

Our 'foo' package does not use CMake. That means there is no build-system to produce the foo-config.cmake file, the file is manually created.  The file does allow different projects to import the target from 'foo' package that has been installed. However, we need to include the library and config file in CPack installer and who is responsible for that task?

We are using Qt5 config mode to import targets like you describe in development context and it works. However, to setup packaging system (CPack) we need to perform the Install(..) command so
that the necessary Qt5 targets are included in the installer (MSI and RPM). We cannot require the customer to install a 2GB Qt5 installer for a few libraries. In that context it is unclear who\when\how should perform the installation.

kind regards, Lars