[CMake] Additional traffic on cmake.org concerning cmake documentation

Martin Weber fifteenknots505 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:53:55 EST 2019

Hi,

this is a question to the people at cmake.org.

The CmakeEd plugin for eclipse [1],[2] currently comes with a copy of the
cmake documentation. Unfortunately, it refers to a fairly outdated version of
cmake (2.8.6) and the scripts to convert the docs to Eclipse help format do
not longer work and I have no time to maintain them.
As the author of CMakeEd, I would like to replace the bundled doc-files by
online links to documentation on cmake.org.

So my question is: Are there any objections regarding the additional IP
traffic on cmake.org imposed if CmakeEd-users would browse the online docs
instead of a local copy? Or would it be preferable to have a download-on-
demand feature for the docs?

CMakeEd currently has about 18k installs and gets roughly 700 more each month.
The attachment show the items to be replaced by online links to cmake.org.

Regards,
	Martin

[1] https://github.com/15knots/cmakeed
[2] https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/cmake-editor