[CMake] CMake GUI "Stop" button does not halt exec_process

Person Withhats personwithhats2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 17:17:27 EST 2019

Pressing "STOP" in the CMake GUI interface halts CMake itself but does not
stop any execute_process that is going on at the time. This makes it hang
until the process finishes, since no interrupt is sent......

Aggravating when you're using an exterior script (e.g. a .exe or .py) that
e.g. handles package maintenance. Would hang up for the entire duration of
~40 minutes unless you force kill that sub process.

I think force-killing CMake GUI also won't forward the kill to the
exec_process, orphaning it.....>.<

Let me know any suggestions or possible fixes