[CMake] Automatically updating Doxygen documentation and making it readily available to users with CMake

Marc Herbert marc.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 12:02:28 EST 2019

Le jeu. 21 févr. 2019 à 06:19, Timothy Wrona <tjwrona1992 at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Either way having it as an "index.html" file somewhere on the hard-disk is
> not very intuitive. It would make much more sense for it to be on a web
> server where you can access it with a sensible URL.

Unless it's linked from some front page you know users often go to, I don't
see why http://some.server/doc/mylibrary/index.html is more "intuitive"
than file://some/directory/mylibrary/index.html. The difference between the
two is sharing vs not, it's not about "intuitiveness".

BTW your questions are really not clear on the topic of sharing. The
problem of a developer building documentation without realizing it is very
different from the problem of user not building anything, even when the
latter is not curious about documentation either.

PS: I suggested some cmake fine-tuning on stackoverflow.