[CMake] modify cmake build arguments

fdk17 fdk17 at ftml.net
Thu Aug 29 16:38:09 EDT 2019

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019, at 2:52 PM, Kyle Edwards via CMake wrote:
> On Thu, 2019-08-29 at 18:27 +0100, hex wrote:
> > hello community,
> >
> > CMake builds a C project with gcc -o target_name. I have a compiler
> > very similar to GCC and I am trying configure CMake C language for
> > it.
> >
> > The compiler does not support the -o argument when linking objects. I
> > wonder if there is a way to remove or modify this argument, maybe
> > through one of the properties on targets?
> >
> > thank you
>
> Your best bet would be to modify the CMake source code to support your
> compiler. (Upstreaming your changes would be welcome.)
>
> As a matter of interest, what does it use instead of -o?
>
> Kyle

If you are using the Makefile generator then try:
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/variable/CMAKE_USER_MAKE_RULES_OVERRIDE.html
You may then be able to provide the rules needed, refer to "Modules/CMakeCInformation.cmake".
The way I understand it is that the rule templates are used by the Makefile generator.