[CMake] Support for Boost 1.70.0

Stephan Menzel stephan.menzel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 06:04:37 EDT 2019

Hello List,

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 6:13 PM Stephan Menzel <stephan.menzel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I guess the answer really lies in ‘why those 3?’  At first I thought it
> would be dependencies among the imported targets but I did depend on them
> directly. Also, the error is thrown before I create any target myself, so
> it must be something about detecting if the libs are found or not. I‘m at a
> loss here. This is too strange.

A little update here. It is solved, please move along. It was my bad of
course. I had focused on the actual libraries and went on and on debugging
the module. Then it turned out it was the include dir. When copying it to
it's final destination, somehow the copy command must have done only half
of a job. Some include dirs were missing. This lead to the module finding
the libs OK but some config headers, namely the ones listed in the missing
list, were indeed not there. Took me so long to figure this out, since I
was only looking at the actual library files and never suspected a half
copied boost directory.

An error message of the FindBoost module saying that the headers were
missing would have been awesome though.

Anyway, everything is fine now, thanks for your input!

Cheers,
Stephan