[CMake] Ubuntu CMake Repository Now Available

Kyle Edwards kyle.edwards at kitware.com
Fri Apr 5 15:17:26 EDT 2019

All,

I am pleased to announce that Kitware is now offering an
officially-supported set of Ubuntu packages for CMake. These CMake
packages can be installed with apt-get, just like other Ubuntu
packages. We currently support Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04.

The following packages are available:

* cmake - Contains the CMake command line executable, CTest, and CPack.
* cmake-curses-gui - Contains ccmake.
* cmake-qt-gui - Contains cmake-gui.
* cmake-doc - Contains the CMake documentation.

To use these packages, follow the instructions at

https://apt.kitware.com/

to add our APT repository to your Ubuntu installation, and then use
apt-get install to install one or all of the above packages.

We currently offer CMake 3.14.1, and will continue to update the
repository as new CMake releases are issued.

Kyle