[CMake] CMake Cookbook is out!!

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 02:40:15 EDT 2018

Le jeu. 27 sept. 2018 à 23:49, Alan W. Irwin <Alan.W.Irwin1234 at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> On 2018-09-27 20:26+0200 Eric Noulard wrote:
>
> > Hi CMakers,
> >
> > Hi try not do that too often but here comes a little promotion for a book
> > which (I think) deserve attention.
> > The CMake Cookbook by Radovan Bast, Roberto Di Remigio
> > https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/cmake-cookbook
>
> I don't buy e-books unless they are DRM-free. (See <
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management#Opposition> for
> why DRM is such a concern to knowledgable readers of e-books.)

Hi Alan,

I'm am well aware of the DRM plague However I shall admit that for this
time I didn't checked before accepting the book review because I was
pleased to help people do what I didn't manage to do myself: write a CMake
book.

I know both authors now and I'm pretty sure they don't want to put any
knowledge in a cage.

> Thus, I was very happy to see the e-book form of the above book is
> DRM-free.

Yes precisely and the reason is a clear no go for DRM on the publisher side:
https://hub.packtpub.com/packt-and-day-against-drm/

Don't take my words as bare advertisement but as enthusiasm for freedom.
Next exchange on this off-topic will go off the CMake Mailing List.
--
Eric