[CMake] Appending to CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 02:19:03 EDT 2018

Le mar. 11 sept. 2018 à 22:09, Michael Jackson <mike.jackson at bluequartz.net>
a écrit :

> I add it manually each and every time. I have to tell all new developers
> to remember to add the flag otherwise they are still sitting after an hour
> waiting on our code to compile wondering why it takes so long. Then it hits
> us, "Oh, Yeah. Open CMake-Gui and set the /MP flag". I'm frustrated at the
> situation but not sure how to fix it. I tried the other suggestions and
> just nothing works. This is one of those things that I poke at once a year
> and figure out that nothing has changed. Been this way since VS 2013.
> Someday it will change.

I don't know your constraint on using msbuild but if the "main" issue is to
automatically exploit parallel build did you try to switch to ninja instead
of msbuild?

Visual C++ Tools for CMake seems to  [begin to] support that path as well:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2017/05/10/cmake-support-in-visual-studio-whats-new-in-2017-15-3-update/

--
Eric